Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Day

Daughter Helen and hubby James drove me ‘north of the river’ for Xmas Day at my sister-in-law Dorothy’s place for a major calorie upload.  Fab food, wine and conversation with niece Katherine and her husband Rick who are here in Western Australia visiting from San Francisco. My nephew Brian and his wife Lili rounded off a good day.

Helen was elected as Father Xmas to hand out the presents under the tree.  When I received a large package from Dorothy, I joked that I hoped it was one of her watercolours that I have always admired. Dorothy insisted I take it down off the wall and take it home. I was quite taken aback, thinking she must be a bit angry, but no, she knew I have liked it for years and now it is mine. Yeah!!


When I was dropped off home by James I was asked to come in to my neighbours’ house for a glass of French Champagne which turned into a lovely meal.  A good day!

No comments: