Saturday, September 27, 2014

What's in a name 2

I have just watched the AFL (Australian Football League) final on TV.   I am not a big sports fan, but I think there is not another code that is as tough as AFL football.  No padding or helmets; just hard  ‘at it’  for 15 - 20 minutes a quarter.

The two teams playing out the finals were, before this game, pretty well equal, but one team, Hawthorn, was a clear winner.  I surprise myself that I enjoy the game.

One of the players has a name of Jarrad Roughhead.   Strangely he doesn’t look too ugly.  He is a big man and must have had to fend off jibes about his name in school.
Another name which springs to name is Teresa van Lieshout who is a failed career election candidate.  At present she is a contestant in a bi-election in a seat in the Western Australian Parliament.  I see her name as Teresa van Lie Shout, which she does do.
But a recently released serial rapist has the most apt name of  Patrick Comeagain.


Nuff said.

No comments: