Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sandwich effect

My daughter Helen invited me over to have a drink which turned out to mean a meal of Gozleme....wonderful! 

As I arrived she was doing her Semester 1 reports on her pupils. I had retired 18 years ago as a teacher and so reporting was a long ago memory for me.  She explained that she could use the Sandwich Effect which she had learned in business studies; Good, Bad and Good
 As daughter explained to me goes something like this.........

‘Look John, you are a great guy, good with the clients and you are a really likeable fella........

but the fact is that your sale figures are shit and you need to start making some money otherwise we are going to have to let you go.

But I am going to give you some more clients to highlight your strengths and hope that you can build on your innate skills on a commission-based salary’.






No comments: