Monday, May 19, 2014

IKEA Flytrap

Yesterday Brother Graham collected me for a visit to the Ikea store at Innaloo (that’s a Perth suburb).  It is huge on several levels.  I thought it was a church as it was Sunday and lots of people were there.

Ikea is like one of my fly traps....attractive, but once inside it is very difficult to find your way out.   Exit signs seemed difficult to find and aren’t displayed in every section.  It doesn’t help to follow the mob....they are mostly browsing.
Brother Graham bought his bedspread and some pillows at what I thought was not a real sale price and we followed a few people with loads of purchases who obviously knew where the exits were.



Neighbours Dave and Judy left this morning on their 7 week caravan trip across to 'the centre' and up to Cape York at the tip of Australia.   I gave them a nice bottle of bubbly and a couple of plastic caravan glasses (American Crystal).  I will be emptying their letterbox of its daily junk mail and keeping an eye on their place.  


                                                       Click to enlarge

No comments: