Friday, January 17, 2014

An installation

Today I installed two computers at a house in a southern suburb of Perth.  One was an old iMac set up to play educational games I had copied to disks (oops...shish!) and the other was a Mac laptop donated by a friend a couple of days previously. I also gave them an HP all-in-one printer, scanner, copier.

The family was a single mum and four kids....three in primary school and one girl about to commence high school this year.  The young lady got the laptop and the boys have to organise a schedule to use the educational games Mac. The three of them are a ‘handful’ and I expect that there will be some arguments about the use of the old iMac.   I did however load some non-educational games onto the iMac and that should keep them happy for a while.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the girl who got the laptop was a Mac user.  Her  father has the exact same model Mac laptop I gave her and she needs little backup to use it.   In the short time I was in their house she had loaded a music CD onto iTunes and was playing it.  

I took a photo of the kids.  The boys are typical funny kids...one of them can slide his eyelid down and hold it in a dozy look for a photo.


                                       I felt good about this installation*


* arty word for an art exhibit constructed within a gallery

No comments: