Saturday, March 23, 2013

WSHS Class of '93 Reunion


Last night’s reunion went well.   I met up with a few colleagues and many ex-students.
Brother Graham collected me and dropped me off at the Left Bank, a lovely colonial house long ago converted into a bistro/bar.  The place was packed.  
The 'Left Bank' is on the banks of the Swan River

They do a Friday deal with a Pizza and Pint for $10., so there were loads of people there apart from the 90-something reunioners.  Inside the area designated for the reunion it was extremely noisy with a live band outside and 90 people reminiscing, confessing and catching up on 20 years.  I am not tall...5’6”, but neither am I a midget, but I was staggered to see most of this generation tower over me.   What did they eat that I wasn’t fed by Mum?
This place is not going broke. @ $9.50 per 330ml stubby the business is in good shape I would think.
The photos are snapshots, so no mean comments about the subjects or the photographer.      Around 9.30pm I rang Bro and he came and collected me, drove me home to have a sleep in a recliner.  









I am pretty sure I won't be able to attend the next reunion in 10 or 20 years.

No comments: