Saturday, July 21, 2012

Win some...lose some


Brother Graham and I had a boys' day out in Perth city. I haven't been into the city for a couple of years and we found Friday afternoon to be very busy and pleasant.

We bussed it to the train station after buying a 'Day Rider' ticket each. Graham's ticket cost $11.50 and mine, being an oldie, cost $4.40. Great value, as one can ride busses, trains and ferries all day.

In the city we dined at an underground (meaning below ground level) eatery and then sampled a few beers at a variety of pubs. That's where things got expensive....beers in Perth are dearer than most Australian cities @ $10.00 a pint. 

 It was rush hour when we headed back home and the train was full. Looking around our carriage I found that Graham and I and another young couple were the only passengers not listening to, or fiddling with, an iPhone.

From Graham's house I called a taxi for the $20.00 ride home. The driver wasn't interested in looking at my 'Day Rider' ticket.

Parking in Perth City is expensive, so the plan for future visits is public transport @ $4.40 per day.


No comments: