Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jamie and the Robot



I dropped in to the local pharmacy today to take a few photos of their robotic dispenser. It is an amazing machine which is reputed to cost about the same as a very expensive car. There are around six pharmacies in the state with these machines. Jamie, the Pharmacist, gave me a run down on how it worked and I was able to see it automatically searching for medicines and taking them up to the top of a spiral slide to spin down to a delivery tray ready to give to customers. It is behind a glass wall, which I imagine, is villain-proof. Very impressive.

Here is a pic of Jamie awaiting the goodies. Handsome fella isn't he? I have met his parents and taught his lovely sister Roselene. The whole family is most pleasant.
click to enlarge.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I haven't seen one of these machines before Kev, not sure if I would want to use them or not. It may cause drug addicts to try and take our meds as we make our way to our vehicle. Perhaps I am being a bit of a drama queen. Hope your weather is warmer......:-)Hugs

Kev said...

Bernie, I still have to take my medications to my car the same as from a regular pharmacy.