Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sister Shirl's visit

My sister Shirley is staying with me this week. She is up from Esperance which is on the South coast of Western Australia. She came up ostensibly to attend a reunion of a volunteer fire brigade that she and her late husband Don were associated with. Today I drove her out to the reception centre at Jandakot Airport and went home to wait for her phone call when the show was over. By the time I arrived home there was a message on the phone from Shirl to say that the reunion was yesterday. Duh!

During the week she got me to take her to a large shopping centre to buy some bras. I have never accompanied anyone buying bras before and suddenly I was by myself and couldn't spot Shirl anywhere. I didn't realise that it is not as easy as buying a seven pack of underpants. Apparently they have to be carefully selected and fitted. Taking into account the airfare for Shirls Perth reunion, those bras were very expensive.

In the time I waited I could have bought a suit, had it altered and selected a new pair of shoes and an assortment of socks.

Shirl is returning to Esperance tomorrow and that will give my liver a bit of a rest as we have been doing the rounds of family drinkies.

I get an infrequent visit by neighborhood cat. It is a sleek black one with a white tip on its tail. It doesn't hesitate to come in the house and check out all the rooms and any cupboards left open. We get along fine and I reckon it is the best pet I have ever had....no feeding, no veterinary fees etc etc.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

How nice to have your sister visit, and how nice of you to take her bra shopping, lots of fun...lol
Have a great weekend...:-)Hugs