Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brian and Lilly


This Friday evening, my nephew Brian and his bride to be, Lilly, are to be married. It is a small wedding with just a dozen guests including me. I have been asked to take the photographs which is going to be a tricky business. The wedding is in Joan's sister's backyard at 7.30pm and that means complete darkness at this time of the year. I have done a number of weddings, but none have had me thinking things out like this one. I will today purchase some floodlights on a stand and do some experiments in my own backyard tonight. The floods will need to be softened with some filtering media and the judicious use of a flash to fill in shadow areas.

I have not shot a wedding in 15 years and I want this one to be as good as I can make it. At least with digital cameras, these days, I can instantly see whether the result is OK after each shot. In the past when every photographer was using film, there was a nervous wait to see the results after the film was processed and printed. I can also tweek the photos in Photoshop on the computer. Wish me luck.

No comments: