Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Passionfruit

I have a jungle area of my yard with Passionfruit vines, Paw Paw and Lemon.
The Passion vines have gone feral and I hope the neighbours on two sides are pollinating the flowers to get a good crop for themselves. I don't seem to have a lot of bees here and so I do the job myself with a soft brush.

How things have changed in my lifetime! When I was a lad I remember newspaper and radio stories about the sudden disappearance of a Soviet political character from the lineup on the balcony at a parade of goosesteppers. Another story that featured for some time was the phenomenon quite unknown to us in the west, of the Workers Creche in the Soviet Union. Now we have both. Our Prime Minister is about to be challenged by the bloke she deposed a couple of years ago....and the childrens day care centre (creche) is all the go in western society.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Hope you are doing okay Kev, thinking of you and your family. It is a rough time of year with sad memories.
We are having a blizzard right now, only the second one this winter. The wind is horrible! Life is hard even at the best of times. Take care/I care......:-)Hugs