Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lock Family reunion

My cousin Ann and her husband Doug are visiting Western Australia from BC (Canada) and the remaining Locks were summonsed to a family gathering under the trees near the Swan River at Crawley Bay.

We are all getting a bit old. Aunty Violet is 95 and still looking pretty good even thought she needed reminding of most of the names of the assembled. For some strange reason she remembered my name. Must have been something in my past that she aint gonna forget.

I took a few pics of the group with a remote control and being the photographer I am, suggested that everyone remove their sunglasses. Everyone thought that was reasonable and I should have remembered to remove mine.....one way to stand out in a crowd.

A good get-together with lots of stories told.

5 comments:

Bernie said...

Great picture Kev, must of been nice to see so many family members and you are right your Aunty definitely does not look 95. Have a great week.....:-)Hugs

Richard said...

KEV .... this business of forgetting things --- keys, wallet, envelopes in Post Office, sunglasses off B4 photos --- must lead you to consider note-making.

Write urself a little note [a Post-It, if required] and keep it in the wallet or top shirt pocket.

Then tick off the items listed as you pick them up or collect the. We never set off on a family trip to melbourne from central Vic. without compiling our check-list.

Anonymous said...

kev, I always write myself a list before I leave the house, complete with my phone number address and my son and daughter's phone number, bur when i put that note into my bag something happens to it, I think it has entered a different dimension. Something like a black hole. It is lost for ever to me and i have to rely on my memory.....We all suffer from this Kev. Marg

Bernie said...

Happy Australia Day and Kevin forgetting things is a part of grief. I remember one time putting the butter in the garbage and the garbage in the fridge. I found I was the same when taking chemo, they called it chemo brain. It will pass Kev......:-)Hugs

Unknown said...

My website has 8 coats of arms with the surname Lock.