Monday, January 30, 2012

Incitement to riot

I don't really watch major sporting events such as the Australian Open (tennis), but I did catch part of a few games on TV. I am afraid that I had to flip channels when the two Russian gals started the loud...what can you call it?.....grunting?

Another thing I noticed was that Novak Djokovic the Serbian champ relied heavily on help from God. A number of times he did the Sign of The Cross during the match(es) and after winning one round hauled out his cross and kissed it looking skyward. I would have thought God would be pretty busy helping people less fortunate than him.

The Australian Federal Police have decided that there was no crime committed by anyone in the little fracas in Canberra which caused the Federal Police to need to rescue the PM and the leader of the opposition from a rather nasty mob of Aboriginal activists. The Feds don't think that the person who rang the activists with the aim of stirring them up did anything wrong. The Opposition thinks that there is a case to investigate what was actually said by whom. Seems reasonable to me. I think the possible charge is incitement to riot.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

The picture just makes me sad, with 7 billion people in the world so many are hungry and diseased. Heartbreaking!
Sorry you didn't enjoy the tennis, I absolutley loved it though I was cherring Nadal on, have a great week......:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Kev, I agree with Bernie and you, Half the world are starving to death while the rest of the world is busy building more and more skyscrapers and spending billions on sporting events and things to amuse and entertain us. The film Doctors without Borders should be seen by everyone, I think we are going backwards as far as caring for our fellow man, We are going to be fighting over land to grow food on and water soon. How long can this earth sustain population growth. There are already far too many people and with a rising sea where will all these people go? Marg

Ben said...

Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be glad you did