Saturday, January 7, 2012

Easyfix computer glitch

Helen and James invited me to their place for a few drinks and a meal last night. It is always nice to have them think of me. I don't want to wear out my welcome and fortunately it seems, to me at least, that I haven't done so yet. I think I am perceptive enough to recognise when, if or when, that stage is reached.

This morning I had an appointment to look at a printer I had supplied to a middle aged woman. I had previously set up a computer for her a couple of years ago and recently added a printer at the request of her welfare carer. She rang me a few days ago saying that the printer isn't working so I arranged a time to go and look at it. It was a simple fix.....the type I like. I found she had jammed far too many sheets of paper not in the loading slot, but between the slot and the paper support.

She told me that she is doing a computer course. I hope she has told the instructor she is using a Mac at home.



2 comments:

Carole said...

Kev,

I have a suspicion that you will NEVER wear out your welcome over at Helen's. Lovely that she invited you for drinks and a nice meal (especially as she sounds such a great cook)

Have a great weekend Kev, catch up soon xxXxx

Bernie said...

So glad to see you posted, nice to live close to your daughter and SIL. I agree with Carole, I am sure they enjoy your company very much and you will not wear out your welcome.
How is Martin doing?
Love how you help others with their computers Kevin, there is always a need for computer techs, Enjoy your weekend....:-)Hugs