Friday, December 16, 2011

Of pickled eggs and Taxation

Our son, Martin is still waiting for official recognition of his Australian citizenship. He cannot work until he receives the paperwork and presents it to his employer. Meantime it is costing me lots of dollars maintaining him until he gets his job back. As he is still employed, though suspended without pay, he cannot claim unemployment benefits. Nothing turned up today, so at best, he can expect the documents on Monday and start work again during the week, but it is more likely that Immigration will take their time.


Today I helped Margaret get her washing machine going again by the Laying of Hands on it. As it turned out she had forgotten one small part of the water fill program. She thinks she is losing it, but it is really no different to me going out to my workshop and not remembering what I went there for.....or losing my keys, phone and wallet in the house...every day! Stay calm Marg.


I am making pickled eggs and pickled onions at the moment. Eggs are quite cheap and small pickling onions are dirt cheap. They should be ready for lunch on Christmas day.


This morning I delivered all the documents I could find to have my tax done by our accountant. The Public Trustee is doing Joan's tax as part of her estate. This is a first for me since Joan handled our tax over the last 45 years. She loved organising things...tax, travel documents & planning etc etc. At first glance the accountant felt that I had provided enough for him to get it done. No doubt he will call if I have forgotten something.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I don't think I'm loosing it . I know I am. You're just like your dad Kev, always there to lend a helping hand, What would we all do without you.? I do hope that Martin gets his papers before Christmas, Such a worry and not being able to work and earn money a shocking situation, Marg

Bernie said...

So glad you were able to help Marg with the washer. thinking of you, your family this first Christmas without Joan. Hope Marg is doing okay, also there was a young man in England who Joan followed, I think his name was Chris, I hope his wife is doing okay. Have I told you how much I hate Cancer.
Hope all is working out well for Martin....:-)Hugs