Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Carole in London

Today I visited Carole's Blog. I had been very reluctant to go there as I knew there was going to be bad news. Carole lives in London and has rectal cancer which has developed into metastatic bone cancer. Carole followed Joan's journey and since Joan's death I have kept in touch with her. She has given me much support since Joan's death in February.

In her blog she tells of the prognosis she has been given. Her oncologist apologized for not being able to stop the cancer, which was very similar to Joan's story.

I am sorry that we don't live close to each other so I could drop by and have a few pleasant conversations, although I have not been good at keeping my emotions under control when confronted with such situations.

Carole is a brave lady and even though we have not met I know I will miss her dearly when her time comes. See her blog here.


Some time back I posted a couple of photos of Helen and James' dogs Ruby and Rosey. Since October when rosy was barely able to walk she has grown bigger than Ruby...not stronger, but slightly bigger. Here are a couple of then and now Pics.

3 comments:

Carole said...

Gorgeous pics of the dogs Kev, they really brought a huge smile to my face. They are both simply beautiful animals.

You have given my massive support since Joan passed away and you have shown me that despite losing Joan you have lived your life and this reassures me more than you probably realise.
My initial fears were never about me, always about Rab and the boys and I know now from the bottom of my heart that they will be okay - given time.
I thank you sincerely for the reassurance and hope that you have given me Kev, my special friend.
My only regret is that I am so far away from you in distance and that a cup of tea and a chat is therefore impossible.
However, you are always in my thoughts.
Hugs and much luv xxXxx

Bernie said...

I was able to bring up Carole's blog through your link Kev, thank you. She seems like such a lovely lady and it is so sad especially with such a young family. So unfair.
So glad you made it through the holidays with your family. I know my first Christmas after losing my husband and son were horrid, every memory brought fresh tears. It never goes away Kev, I have just learned to accept their deaths and move forward with the help of family and friends. Now I even find myself humming along with the radio and I really enjoy the little ones.
Love the pictures of Helen's dogs, when I move back home next summer it is my intention to get a small one. I will be spending winters in Florida so he will have to travel well.
Take care....:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Kev, So many brave people out there making the most of their lives , Why can't we read about the courage that most people show in times of great sadness, instead of hearing about how violent people have become.? There are many more decent caring people in the world than selfish violent ones. Imissed Had more this Christmas than last Christmas, Last Christmas I was relieved that he wouldn't have to suffer any more pain, now reality steps in. Weare all lucky to have such supportive friends and family. Love the dogs, Marg