Saturday, November 26, 2011

At times I am lonely

Yesterday was 10 months since my Joan passed away. I miss her dearly.....not as she was at the time of her death, but as the talented, intelligent, wonderful companion she was to me over 45 years of our marriage.
I am, at times, lonely and it is well that I have what seems to be a never-ending project of refurbishing computers to give to needy people. I suppose that if the supply of computers dries up....and I cannot image that happening, I would find some other project to keep me busy.
Computers ready to go now stored in my workshop
Sitting and dining room sans computers, printers, keyboards, printers and cables.

I have no desire to look for another partner. I can cook, clean and do household maintenance. One thing I cannot do is sew. My daughter has three of Joan’s machines and will be my personal tailor when I get around to buying new trousers.

The Public Trustee still hasn’t completed Joan’s probate and I am unsure when it will be completed. I think a solicitor as the executor would have done the job much quicker.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Oh Kevin I am so sorry you are missing Joan so very much, I never knew what lonely was until my husband passed away. I was young and I know he wouldn't of wanted me to go through life alone but I never could find a love like we had. I have accepted my life as it is and I rather enjoy living on my own as I have great friends and family. Everyone is different and not everyone can handle being alone and that is okay as well. You will be fine Kev, with your family, friends and hobby you will make it and Joan would want that for you I'm sure. Be happy my friend, life is short....:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Dare I suggest getting a nice dog. Maybe try fostering one for a while. Paul. :)