Friday, October 7, 2011

Snake oil

The Australian Pharmacy Guild has pulled out of a deal with Blackmores ‘health’ food supplement range of vitamins etc.

The way it was to work was that when a Pharmacist filled a prescription he/she would recommend a ‘companion’ Blackmores product. Snake oil salesmen!

There was so much bad publicity that the deal fell through and folks will still have to rely on the very sincere recommendations of faded sports stars to get their life saving/improving tablets.

Our son Martin who is in Melbourne is giving my cash transfer system a workout. Hopefully he will soon gain employment and be less of a worry for me. Our unit at Orelia where Martin lived for some years is almost ready for sale or rent. Saturday, Helen and James are going with me down to Orelia to paint a couple of bedroom ceilings. I am also going to replace the washing machine I removed when I thought I was going to sell. There are two other units in the same block which have been for sale for some time, so it may well remain with me as a rental property. If Martin returns to W.A. I would not expect him to want to return to that unit. The tenants in neighboring units are feral.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev' , Full marks to you , You've never given up on Martin. Hope he gets employment soon and I hope someone buys the flat or rents it soon, so you don't have to worry about it. I thought there was a huge shortage of houses and rental properties,Today I visited our local library and was most impressed. Sad that i was the only person there.Masses of good books DVD's and the use of computers, but on one there. ,, Marg