Sunday, October 16, 2011

Langley Park Fly-In

This weekend, Langley Park which is on the foreshore of the Swan River and very close to the Perth CBD was host to a ‘Fly In’ of over 100 planes on the grass strip which was Perth’s original airstrip back in the 1920s. Langley Park is used for many events throughout the year and I am always impressed how the park grass recovers after car rallies, circuses etc. I believe that Langley Park is unique in as much it is the only place in the world where aircraft fly from a grass airstrip in the heart of a city.

I took lots of photos but will only post a few here. Aircraft buffs will recognise most of the planes I have posted. There is a 1917 vintage Sopwith Pup in the lineup.





2 comments:

Bernie said...

Have enjoyed catching up with your post Kev, the unit looks good, loved the rose bush and enjoyed viewing the aircraft, I love air shows. Hope you are well my friend, ......:-) Gygs

Anonymous said...

How did you hear about the event???