Thursday, October 20, 2011

Carole

I have a friend in the UK who I have never met or even talked to....maybe it is time to Skype her? She is a fellow traveller with my Joan on the cancer trail. Throughout Joan’s trial, she, along with Bernie in Canada, gave us encouragement and hope for a good outcome of Joan’s treatment for cancer. Unfortunately my dear wife passed away in February this year.

Carole has had a relapse with a scan showing metastasizes to her bones from her cancer. Thousands of humans die each day, but I am emotionally linked to Carole.

We may well be socially incompatible. We might not like each other should we meet, but this bastard disease has linked us as friends on the journey of life. I am not a ‘huggy’ person, but I wish I could give her a comforting hug right now.
Here is a link to Carole's blog

4 comments:

Carole said...

Oh Kev....I'm tearful as I write this because it means so much to me that you mentioned me on your blog.

YOU have helped me more than you could ever realise because after your lovely Joan passed away earlier this year, I continued to follow your story via this blog.
It has shown me that although you miss her desperately you have carried on and got on with day to day life.
This gives me great hope that my husband and boys WILL cope when I'm no longer around to chase them up..they will deal with things and for them, life will continue.

I feel sure that if we had have been able to meet in real life, we would have got along just fine.
You are an inspirational man Kev and your Joan would be so so proud of you.

Big hugs back at you ((hugs)) xxXxx

Bernie said...

Oh Kev thank you, I did try to encourage Joan. I knew she was frightened about what was happening to her body, now Carole, so sad. I will visit her and say hello.
Carole is right Kev, Joan wouldn't want you to be sad and unhappy. I know it is hard but I also know you are trying to move forward and be productive. My battle with breast cancer 10 years ago was a horrible year and my husband had already passed away so I was frightened and lonely at the same time. When I recovered I tried to help others and I did my best for several years. I lost 5 people I cared about through blogging the first few months of this year and found it very painful. In fact it has been hard to keep up. So many are suffering, families hurting that I had to take a break. My heart was heavy with sadness, it was time for me to try to help in other ways. Your a good man Kev, Your Joan knows your heart and she would want you loved and happy just as you would want it for her had it been you. Sending big hugs:-

Bernie said...

Kev, I have tried several times to post a comment on Carole's blog but blogger doesn't recognize me. I'm not sure if it's becasue I haven't blogged in a while or what. I will try again tomorrow as I remembered her from Joan's blog when I read her story....:-)Hugs

Carole said...

Hi Bernie,

Carole here (waving) :-)

A few people have told me recently that they've had difficulties in leaving comments on my blog. Apparently when they've signed out and then signed in again they can then comment. Failing that, they've posted using the anonymous option and just left their name at the end. I think it's a recent blogger blip :)

Thank you for thinking about me xx