Saturday, September 10, 2011

It aint easy!

Just lately, or is it all my life, things don’t go as expected? The carpet guys turned up and took a look at the job. I was told that the edge grippers were stuck down to a previous vinyl tiled floor with glue and over the years that glue had deteriorated and the grippers had in many places come loose. As well as that, the vinyl tiles had become so brittle that as they lifted the edge gripper chunks of tile also broke away...no warranty if the carpets are laid over gaps in the vinyl.

I dragged my brother down to the unit and we lifted the carpet and took it to landfill. Tomorrow I will remove all the edging and fill the many gaps in the vinyl with car body filler. The carpet can then be fixed directly to the vinyl using adhesive on Tuesday. Hope that is it for the whole place...too old at 71 for this stuff!

Helen and James arrive back from San Francisco this morning. I have to collect Ruby, their dog, from the boarding kennel and them from the airport at 11.30am.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Sometimes it may seem that no matter what you do, nothing seems to work out the way you want it too. I'm glad your brother was there to help you and that Helen and James are now back home. Chin up my friend, all will work out one way or another, it always does.
.......:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Kev, I'm pleased that Helen and James had a good holiday. Remember the days when you put newspaper on the floor boards and then put the lino over that ? so much easier when you had to replace the lino and it was so interesting reading the old newspapers. That was in the good old days when ordinary people could manage to look after their cars and repair things around the home without having to call in experts. Marg