Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Renting accommodation

Our son Martin is in Melbourne, He rang yesterday and admitted that it was going to be more difficult than he thought to find single accommodation. Duh!

Here in Perth, people are lining up to get rental accommodation. It is so scarce that people are pushing up the rental prices by bidding for the accommodation. I cannot see that Melbourne will be any different.

He may have to share a house with others and that is not a good option for him. He is having his job interview today, which he says is just a formality, and he will probably start work next week.

I have been doing lots of work on the unit where Martin lived for several years. It is going to cost. The stove needs replacing as does the carpet in the main room. The bathroom/laundry is getting a repaint and there are other jobs such as patching walls, replacing power and light switches etc. Should take a couple of weeks to get it to rentable condition. I knew there was a reason we didn’t want Martin living with us.

A good friend from the early 1960s in Papua New Guinea had a Radical Prostatectomy yesterday. Albert is to stay in hospital for seven days. This operation to remove a cancerous prostate is sometimes difficult to avoid nerve damage and can leave the patient with incontinence and or impotence. I hope Albert's is a successful operation with no bad side effects. I had a Radical Prostatectomy some 12 years ago and all I will say about that is, I am not incontinent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I think cheap flats are hard to find in any city, He may have to share, Hope he gets the job. I had a nasty surprise this morning, when I discovered that some low life has stolen a 4 foot carved wooden statue of a Balinese woman and a Pottery elephant plus two plants had been stolen from my front porch. Had bought those for me and they must have been stolen during the night, How low can you get. I believe in Kama, the law of cosmic cause and effect. Marg

Bernie said...

I hope all works out for Martin, it must be frightening being in a city with no place to live, will pray the interview goes well. Also hope your friend makes out okay, so much cancer in this world, sometimes I wonder what they do with all the money raised to find a cure. Take care.....:-)Hugs