Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mike's wake

There was a change of plan in last night’s wake for my Bro-in-Law, Mike. I decided to be the ‘skipper’ and abstain from drinking. It worked well and I kept myself busy taking photographs and serving snacks.

I made some Aussie fare....celery pieces, filled with curried egg. They went like hot cakes and I was surprised that not many of the guests had tasted it before.

A pic of one of four plates.
The recipe is simple...hard boil your eggs, then remove the yokes and mix with mayo and curry powder and fill the celery. I recommend you try it. Young crisp celery is essential.

Some heartfelt speeches were made in honour of Mike.
Greg made a touching, but humorous farewell speech.

I was surprised how many of their friends are travelling to San Francisco today to attend Katherine and Ricks’ wedding. Dorothy, Katherine and Rick are off at about 5.30pm on the long flight from Perth. I feel somewhat guilty that I am not also going, but Helen and James are representing me.

Cousins...Katherine, Helen, Vanessa, Fiona and Janine.

No comments: