Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dragonfly winter

Most of our rellies and friends know that Joan was very organised...all the fabrics etc we sold were catalogued. In the months leading up to her death she discussed things she wanted done after she was gone such as the solar roof panels. She was concerned that I would have difficulty coping by myself and to that end did lots of grocery shopping for me. It is now months since she left us and I have probably another year’s supply of groceries, laundry detergents etc etc.
Pictured is just one side of the pantry with sauces,dry goods etc

I can do my washing and when absolutely necessary, some ironing. This morning I found this beauty on my briefs on the clothes line.
Beautiful eh? Not my briefs; the dragonfly.

It seems that there is more money coming my way. Out of the blue I received this email message.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I can't believe how organized Joan was and she was so ill. She obviously loved you so much,she certainly didn't want to leave you.I told you that I found a beautiful dragonfly on the front garden but it was dead. What is it with these dragonflies. They seem to suddenly be everywhere. . I must look up the stories that are told in Bali about them,Oh Kev you know how I keep mixing my coma's ,full stops etc ,,,'''''';;; you can put these in when I misuse them,,,,Margdi

Carole said...

Lovely dragonfly....:-)

I'm still laughing at the wording on your 'inheritance' letter...
'Hi, it's me'....
He's one amazingly friendly 'lawyer' person Kev :-))