Friday, July 29, 2011

Donation to the Cancer Council

Yesterday I delivered the cash raised at the sale of Joan’s fabrics etc to the Cancer Council of W.A.. I was not prepared for the legalities of such a donation and the questions to determine how it was deemed.

Was it in her will? Did she nominate that exact amount? etc etc.
I explained with some difficulty, that before she died, she had wished that the cash from sale of her fabrics, dies etc be donated to the Cancer Council. That sorted out, a couple of employees went into ‘The Counting Room’ .....a store room I suspect, and after two counts came back with a figure of $2,200.
I was given an interim receipt which is posted here for any people who donated money to see.
I must find out if the other money raised by the sale of Joan’s books has been donated as yet and if it is donated with reference to Joan.

Joan’s friend Juliet was the driving force in the garage sales to raise that money. My sincere thanks to her for all her efforts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done . Joan would be pleased with the result. You would think they would so pleased to get the money that they wouldn't be so picky.It is going to a very good cause, Marg,

Bernie said...

I agree with Marg, I'm sure Joan would be very please with all you and her friends have done.....:-)Hugs