Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bad Cat

Our cat has been giving me the shits. For some reason it has decided that it is better to take a pee inside the house rather than in its tray or going outside. For those unfamiliar with cat pee, as I am unfamiliar with skunk pee, it is overpowering.

The first time she did it was about two months ago and every effort to shampoo the smell out has failed miserably. She then decided that the bathroom mat was a good spot and after that she moved on to a pair of my trousers which were laid out on the bed. The trousers and Joan’s bed quilt copped it badly. The trousers have been washed and the quilt also cleaned and put out in the sun to dry and air. She is smart enough to know that I am very unhappy and is hiding from me in the three rooms I have banished her to.

Photo of Amber thinking that I can’t see her sunk into a mohair rug.

I am seriously thinking that I will return her to the Cat Haven. I can't see how I can modify her at this stage. Maybe a new owner can start over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing for cat pee to cure the smell is a cheap bottle of soda water and just pour it onto whatever got hit. Use heaps of it and its a winner for sure. the cat haven sounds good. Forgot to mention it is not sticky and doesn't need washing off.

Kev said...

Thanks for the info. I'll give it run tomorrow and report back.

Bernie said...

That's why I prefer dogs....:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just P ss the cat off. You have the same effect on me sometimes.. Just kidding. Can't you leave a tray with nappy liners in one of the rooms, She might just use it Diluted white vinegar often works often works on carpets, Also bi carb soda mixed with vinegar, She is probably missing Joan. Good luck with that Marg

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful cat may be suffering from anxiety. It's probably worth having a word with your vet who may be able to offer helpful advice and or a sedative.