Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Climate change

Went for a counter lunch with a lifetime friend Jack, today. As usual too much food, but lots of good conversation. When he dropped me back home I found that I had a power blackout. It has been raining heavily and I thought that may have caused it, although in the 7 years we have lived here we have had only one previous blackout. I openened the meter box and reset the tripped mainboard switch. A little while after, it tripped again, so I rang the solar installers and they will come tomorrow and investigate.

Last night I watched a wonderful movie 'The Station Agent'. Well worth a look if it is at your local library. 8/10 from me.

We are just getting into winter here and now that I have the solar array on the roof I want some sunshine to reap the rewards for being a Greenie. Here in the west of Australia we have a very mild climate and even winter brings many sunny days.
Unfortunately it is getting very dry and the climate doomsdayers say that it is going to get worse...soon. Last evening there was a discussion on SBS TV with an American scientist versus about 60 climate change skeptics. He held his own and I think there were quite a few skeptics who were swayed by his answers to their questions. I figure that most, if not all the people on the program will be gone before it can be shown that climate change is not just an aberration of the norm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev' my power went off last night and was off for quite a while and Helen in Sampson said her power went off last night came on again later but was off this morning, They put this down to rain on the wires and dust. i've been out all day so I don't know if mine has been off today. I think we have left it too late to reverse global warming. but we should do all we can to slow it down. Perhaps if we didn't use so much electricity with all our electrical toys that might help. Marg

Bernie said...

I keep forgetting that you are approaching winter when we are Spring here and so looking forward to summer. Our winter was horrid and much too long.
Amazing you don't have many power outages, we have several each year but they don't last very long.
How nice that you were out for lunch, it always is nice to spend time with an old friend....:-)Hugs