Friday, May 20, 2011

Dinner Fail

Wednesday evening I decided to go unhealthy and cook fish and chips. Just about everything I cook now is unhealthy. At the local supermarket the seafood trays had ‘fresh’ scaled and gutted fish which looked OK to me, so I bought a couple to fillet at home. I also bought a packet of frozen chips. This was going to be good!

I preheated the oven and opened the chips only to find they were sweet potato chips. After almost ten years in PNG eating sweet potato or yams because of the lack of real spuds I had to force myself to even try a few chips......Nah! The fish was also lousy.
I broke another of Kev’s rules which says don’t buy fish when the head has been removed. Sunken eyes are the giveaway for non-fresh fish. Consigned to the compost bin.
I started to read a book Joan gave me a few months before she died. I was a bit busy then and only yesterday took some time out to finish it. The story is narrated by Death himself. The Book Thief is a great read. I recommend it.

No comments: