Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cats and Lobsters

I have just stumbled across Oprah Winfrey’s first of her final three shows. I had to turn it off after a few minutes. The audience looked like about 5 or 6 thousand in a foot ball-like stadium. The fans could be easily convinced had she announced that she was in fact a reincarnation of Mary Magdalene; many of them would have gone for it.

Maybe not.....they might be hoping that she would give everyone there a BMW. Crass stuff!

Our cat has developed some strange behaviour patterns. I had reason to yell, and scream at her recently when she urinated on a heap of computer cables in the house. Now she is quite happy to be friends in my bedroom but in the room that I gave her a bit of grief in she sees me in a different light and runs scared when she sees me. We have not been good friends since she came into our household and I am thinking that she may have to leave.......maybe to a friend who has a lobster boat.

That should get a few comments.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm with you Kev. Any animal that urinates in the house should go:) I'm with you about Oprah too! Her audience loves those freebies and thinks she walks on water. Obama was losing to Hilary in the primary in 2008 until Oprah threw him a HUGE rally crowded with screaming, fainting Kool Aid drinkers. He owes her an equally huge debt.

Anonymous said...

kev, wouldn't leave the house without police protection, I mean cats and opra what are you thinking of? I,ve had friends dogs cats and the odd child and prostate survivers urinate in my home, I find pineoclean and stop Odours spray works well but then I have no sense of smell or taste. Marg

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know that "Kool Aid drinkers" is a racist term. Not cool.

Jenny said...

Hey Anonymous, definitely NOT a racist term. "Kool Aid drinker" simply means someone who is doesn't think for themselves and is a blind follower. The term derives from the 900 followers of Jim Jones who drank cyanide laced Kool Aid because he told them to - the biggest mass suicide in modern time. That doesn't mean they were black, or Asian, or Hispanic. It sure does mean they didn't think for themselves very deeply.

Anonymous said...

Alright, in the American south (where I live) it is often used as a racial slur and not to denote someone who doesn't think for themselves.

My apologies.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the apology:) Accepted gracefully.