Thursday, April 14, 2011

A worthy cause

Each time I place a computer at a needy person’s home I wonder what I will find when I get there. This morning I delivered a Mac to a family in Cloverdale. They were most grateful and I was pleased that it was a worthy cause.

Their situation is not at all good. The husband has only one leg and his wife is mentally challenged. They have two children and one of them is 5 years old and severely affected by autism and other mental problems. They live in a rental property owned by the State Housing Authority...’Homes West’. I was told of their need for a computer by a welfare lady who is the wife of a colleague. Fortunately the husband is going to be present for most of the time the kids will be on the computer to make sure they do not create any headaches I have to repair. I will search out some simple educational games for them. They will not be connecting to the WWW.

I try to be altruistic in my Mac giveaway project and not worry about whether the mac will be sold on etc. No problems with today’s gift. The wife had prepared a thankyou card for me and the welfare lady..nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kev' I should have games here for those children, What about colouring in books and texters? Do you take those sort of things to the family , Or perhaps chilrens books and i have lots of music cd's they could have or tapes if they have players, what do you think? Margdinaral

Kev said...

I will talk to the welfare lady. Helen also has lots of lower-primary resources which would probably be of use also.

Kev