Monday, April 4, 2011

Of sheets, fruit, Tapas and a nice Gal.

I changed our/my bed sheets this afternoon. Fitted sheets are always a problem for me. I nearly always get the base sheet the wrong way around and today I came up with a Kev solution. Put a large ‘B’ on the bottom of the fitted sheet with a permanent marker...it won’t be seen unless someone spots it on the washing line. Not sure Joan would approve of that though.

The last few days have seen quite a few flowers on my passion fruit vines. The bees don’t seem interested in them so I’ve been hand pollinating the flowers with a feather. There is a one-day window of opportunity to pollinate PF flowers and I am having success and about a dozen flowers are developing fruit. The vines are just starting to flower, so I should have dozens of fruit in a few weeks. Click the pics to enlarge them.
As the pollinated flower wilts, the new fruit is shown.

Over the weekend I received a floral tribute from a wonderful young lady named Katrina who over a few years has donated Mac computers for my giveaway project. She is the Office Coordinator for an organisation for native land titles. I was greatly moved by her kind thoughts. The media highlights the low-lifes of the world and there are plenty of them, but I think we good people far outnumber them. Katrina is one of us!

A pic of some of the tapas from Saturday’s lunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev all i can say is wow, What fertilizer do you use, My passion fruit vine hasn,t got any flowers on it yet. I think it is a red passion fruit and it,s in a large pot. I think they aresupposed to run north south. Glad you had a good lunch Marg

Anonymous said...

Kevin - my first blog mention. Made my day. Your passionfruit look blooming awesome! Katrina

viq maggio said...

what are passion fruits? -viqui

Kev said...

Hi Viq.....see here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora_edulis

Kev

Anonymous said...

viq Passion fruits are are round black skinned fruits containing lots of hard black seeds and the most heavenly tasting yellow pulp that goes really well over icecream or in fruit salad or or you can cut a whole in the hard skin and just suck out the pulp, they have yellow or red skinned passion fruit in bali that tastes even better than our black skinned ones. The balinese don .t like them. It.s really a tropical fruitm ,delious, marg