Sunday, April 3, 2011

A double birthday celebration

On Friday I had a few friends around for lunch. The are the ‘usual suspects’, good friends who have known each other for a long, long time. The numbers are dwindling....some have died or unable to attend. John is in care and is now past outside trips. Lots of stories and laughs; a good afternoon!

Maybe I should stop taking photographs at these events.

Here is the latest....we don’t look too bad, eh?

On Saturday, we, Helen and James, Martin and I met up at the Gypsy Tapa restaurant for a lunch to celebrate Martin’s 40th and Joan’s 69th birthday. Joan had planned on dining at the Gypsy Tapa before she was bed ridden. She would have liked the variety of tapas, but I would still have whinged about the cost. A lot of people dining there would have topped up with a burger on the way home. I paid for the four of us and with a couple of beers it cost $150. I guess the experience of it all and the definitely hippy waiters could have been interesting to some. I have never seen more metal studs in all parts of the face, nor a collection of op-shop clothing such as this. Sorry, I lie; JB Hi Fi seems to appoint only staff who are so adorned with heavy metal and crazy haircuts.

Helen and James dropped me off home around 2pm and I decided to drive down the freeway about 20 kilometres to visit an ex-student who has built a house on a newish estate down there at Baldivis. Jayd works at the Public Trustee in Perth and has flexible working hours, so can go early to the train station nearby and be in Perth in 30 minutes. Her house is nice and the surrounding area looks very civilised. I don’t know whether at times she feels a bit isolated down there...I didn’t think I should have asked her. Lovely gal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, i,ll try again . I just sent off a comment and it vanished probably on someone.s computer. Loved the photo and it is getting smaller, Glad you all celebrated Joan,s and martin,s birthdays.It was a lovely lunch on friday and we had a few good laughs. We are so lucky to have such supportive friends. more precious than gold. Marg see if this goes.

Bernie said...

Nice to enjoy good times remembering the old memories and making new ones. The birthday lunch for Martin and Joan was a lovely thing to do....:-)Hugs