Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Of fangs

Yesterday I had a young Indian man tell me to shut my mouth.

He happened to be the dentist I was being treated by.

This fellow is like greased lightning he did a descale of my teeth and a filling in just under 20 minutes. Mind you, I don’t have anywhere near a full mouth of teeth.

My previous dentist is an ex-student of mine; a lovely young Chinese/Australian gal whose business card gives her the name of The Dental Diva. She sings as she works. Unfortunately I have had to change dentists because she has taken time off work to bring up her young son.

I am starting to feel better about my life without Joan. Many people have given me advice and encouragement to ‘get on with it’.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good news kev. One day at a time. Mat passed his driver;s license and went to work in hAD'S CAR. NOW ALL WE NEED ARE TYRES. MARG.

Bernie said...

You will have good and bad days Kev. Grief takes time, and no matter how you try not to, it is something you will have to go through. Keep all the love and memories close as you move forward. You will be fine Kev, and like Marg says one day at a time.
Be well.....:-)Hugs

Teena said...

Glad to hear that things are starting to come together. With the "special" relationship you and Joan had, it will take time to adjust to life without her. There will be good days and bad days. If you are having a bad day, why not pop down about 5.00pm and have a beer with Roy. I will even come and drive you home if it gets to be more than one.
Hugz
Teena