Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I am numb. I find it difficult to comprehend that just over a fortnight ago Joan was still driving her car. It is going to be hard when I start to dispose of her fabrics and equipment. Then there is the clothing and jewellery. I am hoping that friends will want most of her clothing.

She has two books by the West Australian artist, Sean Tan. It is a pity that she wasn’t here to see him get an Academy Award for the animated film of his last book, The Lost Thing. ...See here

Here is the cover.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the trailer for 'The Lost Thing' on uTube. It looks intriguing. I guess the whole thing of The Lost Thing will eventually appear on SBS late at night, after the soccer. A few years ago Jill and I went to a exhibition of Shaun's artwork at the old Freo prison. Cheers, Paul.

Anonymous said...

Kev of cause you feel numb. I still can't believe that Had will notbe coming home. You don.t have to get rid of joan's things. Our bedroom is overflowing with had's numerous hats and 2o pairs of sunglasses and balinese artifacts, It is as untidy as the day he left. and will stay like that until I'm ready to part with them. clothes you give to the Salvation army for those in need.you and joan shared so much love and that will always be there.don't forget that all you friends {and they are many] are there to prop you up.Joan and Had are probably watching over us. You are so much like your dad Kev ' You'll be strong. Love Marg. i bet this doesn.t go. I mean the message.

Bernie said...

I certainly understand how you are feeling numb. I was several months before the fog lifted. You don't have to rid yourself of the reminders of Joan. When you are ready you will feel it and that will be the time to do what has to be done.
Don't feel you are on a time line Kev, your not. Get yourself stronger and learn to live within your "new normal" before making major decisions. (This was good advice given to me). Am praying for all of you....:-)Hugs