Thursday, March 17, 2011

Helen's unit is on the market

I have collected most of the information to present to the Public Trustees for the settlement of Joan’s will. They will advise me of an appointment day and time and I hope everything will go smoothly after that.

Gradually, over the last year, I took over more of the household chores that Joan usually managed....cooking, washing and cleaning etc. Emptying the dishwasher when it was needed was a careful operation trying to make as little noise as possible if Joan was sleeping. I realised this morning that I was still trying to do it without clanging dishes and shutting cupboard doors gently. So, I figured it was time to get real and damn the noise. It felt good!

Helen’s unit is on the market and the real estate site demonstrates the magic of wide-angle photography. Her modest two bedroom apartment looks like a shopping mall. I wonder whether prospective buyers will be disappointed when they come to see it and find that it isn’t as large as depicted.

It can be seen here.

No comments: