Friday, March 4, 2011

Goodbye Joan

Joan’s funeral service was simple but quite wonderful with the eulogy delivered by her sister Dorothy and Joan’s friend, Juliet. Through all the tears, it was wonderful to see so many present...family, friends, colleagues and relatives, including one ex-student from our time at Bridgetown High School in 1965.

The wake was also nice; the house crowded with guests. Helen, Martin and James along with several of Helen’s close friends kept the food served and the drinks poured and there was little left after a few hours.

This morning I am again alone.

My Joan; taken just a few months ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev Old Friend,
It was indeed a lovely funeral, with a comforting attendance and a splendid eulogy delivered by both Dorothy and Julia.
Thank you for the wake, the team did a great job.
I think the beaut photo of Joan on this morning's blog says it all.
She would be(is) well pleased.
Den and Cas.

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Kevin,
Sorry we couldn't be there for you yesterday, though we farewelled Aunty Joan in our hearts.
Our thoughts and love are with you. I'm sure Aunty Joan will be playing with you in the coming days.

I'll send you a long letter with all our adventures soon. Peta.

Anonymous said...

Kev, It was indeed alovely funeral. and you were surrounded by a loving family and so many friends and realatives. and didn;t your family do well. joan i believe will still be with you in spirit, You will never be alone. I do know how you feel Kev, but you like me and many others will get through this, I know thar den will be reading my blog and commenting. I couldn,t get over how much older he looks......Marg

Anonymous said...

Jill and I felt privilaged to atttend the service and wake Kevin. I have a card that the funeral directors passed out afterwards. It remined us that the grieving process takes time and can be difficult. You may feel alone and that is to be expected. The reality is that there are many people who love and respect you. Please remember that you are always welcome at our house. Keep writing. Paul.