Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A funeral and a wake

Helen and I have been working solidly today in preparation for the wake after Joan’s funeral.

We’ve done well Joan...you would be proud of us. There is plenty of food and drink and the house has had a good clean-up.

Joan’s sister Dorothy is giving the eulogy; the initial part written by her, talks of the early years of their childhood and the part I wrote is about Joan’s later life, career and wide interests.

Yesterday Dorothy was in hospital to have a kidney stone blasted by a laser tool. She has been quite sick all day, but is getting better. Hope she is well enough to do the job as I am too fragile at the moment to be able to speak of our loss.

I have printed an A3 photograph of Joan taken when I was into B&W photography and it is framed and will be at the service. I also created a slide show of Joan from childhood to the present. It looks good. It will be running continuously at home when we have guests back.

This is Joan taken sometime in the 80s.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Kev,

That's a really lovely picture of your Joan...beautiful. I do like black and white shots, there's something about them that colour doesn't always have.

I hope that things go as well as they can - am sure Joan would be so proud of you for sorting out the food, drink and organising things.

Let us know how you are when you feel up to it.

Sending hugs and best wishes Kev xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of Joan kev, joan and Had will be with us today ,seeing we don.t make any mistakes, Joan will be very proud of you and the family. It will be hard for you today, but remember that you will be supported by by family and caring friends, love marg

viq maggio said...

We will be thinking of the two of you. I know all will go well. When you have time, perhaps you could put the slide show on the computer so that we can see it too. Lots of love. viq et al

Bernie said...

Thinking of you all as hold Joan's funeral and wake.
I am sure you have done a wonderful job and it will be a beautiful tribute to Joan. What a beautiful picture of her.
Keeping all in my heart and prayers, be strong.....:-0Hugs