Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A counter lunch

Our daughter Helen’s unit is in high demand. One of the prospective buyers who looked at it on the weekend was to make an offer subject to sale of her own house. Helen and James rejected the offer on the grounds that a subject to sale offer/acceptance can drag on if it is difficult to sell for some reason....such as being next door to a bikie club house.

The woman is so keen to buy that she is arranging bridging finance and will make an offer of $340,000. Incredible; seeing that the initial price was $315,000+. East Victoria Park where Helen’s unit is, is a sought after area because of the proximity to pubs, restaurants and entertainment. However, there are quite a few yobbos and near-do-wells roaming the streets as well. If she cannot raise the finance by today, Helen and James will accept the current offer of $329,000.

Today a friend is taking me out to a tavern for a counter lunch, and on Friday I am having a few friends around for a BBQ lunch.
My Joan sometime in the 1970s

Stop Press: The woman who was after bridging finance was unsuccessful and so the previous offer has been accepted and signed up.

On Saturday Helen tried to contact me both on landline and my mobile. She left a message saying she was concerned that I was not answering either phone. As it happened dumbo me left my mobile home and took the cordless house phone with me in the car. Old timers' disease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news about Helen.s unit. That is a lovely photo of Joan, Aren.t we lucky to have such supportive friends to halp us through this very sad time, Margbalinxe

Carole said...

Hi Kev,

That is a truly beautiful picture of your lovely lady :-)

Re the mobile phone mistake...I recently spent 5 minutes wondering *why* the TV remote wasn't working - only to realise it was because I was sitting there pointing the handset of the phone at the TV screen :-)

Hope you enjoyed the tavern lunch

xxxx