Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sophie

Joan’s pain meds were upgraded today. She has major fluid retention again and this evening was to have a scan to determine whether another drain is necessary.

She is due home on Monday and although the Silver Chain will visit daily, I will be her principal carer. The hope is that we will have some quality time together over the time that is left.

Earlier this evening I had a call from Sophie who is an ex-student of mine from Willetton Senior High. Soph is a metallurgist on a Queensland mine site. She, like me, is an emotional person. She is following our journey on our family blog and we both shed lots of tears over the phone. A wonderful young lady!

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I am praying that Joan arrives home on Monday so that will give you both the quality time together you both deserve.
I think of her often throughout the day, sending big hugs....:-(

Iris said...

Hi Kevin,
Have been following the blogs and am so sorry to hear about Joan. It was wonderful to see her at DW and we will miss her hugely - she gave so much to us all.
I have been in touch with Charlene about the fabrics - have emailed Joan to see about getting them to Ch. but I guess you haven't had a chance to look at her emails. Can you let me know whether you would like me to pick them up and get them to Ch.? All the best Kevin - you're doing a brilliant job and the stress must be huge. Please get in touch if you need anything. Thinking of you both, lots.
Iris