Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Worrying Pain

I have had a steady pain just below my sternum for about a week and at odd times it hits me hard. My GP thinks it is gastric reflux stirring up a Hiatus Hernia. At my age and thinking about Joan's cancer, I get a bit worried about such pains. He thinks the trouble may be a fungal (?) attack and prescribed a drug called Nilstat. I am also off to have an ultrasound.

I have had a few ultrasounds and I'm damned if I can see anything when I look at the films. I can sort of see a foetus when the US is shown on TV, but to diagnose something from a mass of fuzzy dots is not in my training....naturally!

Earlier in the afternoon I visited my elderly computer student Vera. She is sort of getting the hang of sending an email message...sort of. Today we sent several messages to my home and we wrote down each step. Attachments are a long way down the track. Just as well I don't charge as I have made five trips to her home and spent many hours going over the simplest of things. Maybe I am not a good teacher? Today I introduced her to eBay and Google. I think she will enjoy Google.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing for reassuring news, Paul.