Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bertholt Brecht

I have just returned from Perth City where I dropped off Joan at Royal Perth Hospital. She is having a CT scan and we are hopeful that there will be good news of significant tumour reduction in her liver.

She is going to catch a train back to Fremantle and I will collect her from Fremantle Railway Station. She rings me when she is about ten minutes away from Freo. Mobile phones are just so convenient.

I watched a movie on the weekend...not bad! It dealt with German troops in Russia and there was plenty of blood and guts and the usual honorable soldier on both sides. In the titles there was a quote by Bertolt Brecht.

Don't rejoice in his defeat, you men
For although the World stood up and stopped the bastard,
The Bitch who bore him is in heat again.

Brecht wrote many plays and poems. Read about him here.

No comments: