Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hello dementia

This morning I made a cooked breakfast and we sat down and read the newspaper and took our tablets with coffee. Well, I took my tablets, which happened to be Joan's tablets. They are quite different physically and chemically to mine and during today her diuretic tablet has been working well. I don't know what else is in store for me in the next couple of days.....will I start developing breasts?

Today we had a small family gathering to celebrate our son Martin's 39th birthday. He wasn't too happy about it at first, but warmed to it after a bit of common-interest conversation. Helen, our daughter and James her partner took the opportunity to look at a couple of houses for sale nearby. The houses turned out to be reasonable, but the base price was over a half a million dollars. I must investigate relative incomes and house prices when we first bought in the 1960s. It may well be that house and land prices compared to wages and salaries have not really gone up that much over the years. I know that vehicle prices have come down considerably over the last 30 years. Similarly, has the price of fuel versus wages soared in recent years? As a youngun, I recall petrol prices bit hard even though a gallon of fuel was only a couple of shillings. Stop whinging folks!

No comments: