Monday, February 15, 2010

Senile regression

Pauline Hanson is grabbing doogs* and leaving Australia to live in the UK. She is known throughout Australia as the woman who owned a fish and chip shop (and that's no shame!) who ran for Federal Parliament on a platform of anti- immigration, mainly directed at Asian immigration and formed the One Nation Party. Her party and policies appealed to a wide range of 'real Aussies' who were a bit afraid of the 'Yellow Peril'.

Her success was the one reason that the two main parties in Federal Parliament sort of worked together to put her down. It worked. She never got back into politics and is now going to become an emigrant herself, heading off to the UK which has no problems with immigration...oh yeah?

Methinks she has found a British boyfriend. She should settle somewhere in the Midlands of England...say Midsommer ,where there is nary a dark face and copious murders are committed for reasons as simple as a grating Australian accent. Look out Pauline.

This morning I was watering my small vegetable patch and noticed that my Silver Beet seeds have 'shot'. I was so pleased that I told Joan of the event. Is this old age regression? I felt like a Year 1 kid seeing his first seeds germinate in the class science project. Calm down Kev; the bugs will get them before they are half matured.

I cannot believe that growers of 'organic' vegetables don't use some insecticide to prevent losing their crop. I would like a pest free garden without insecticide, but don't believe it can really be achieved. Tell me I'm wrong.

* Grabbing Doogs is from games of marbles in the Australian schoolyard. When the bell for the end of recess or lunch was rung the players grabbed as many marbles (doogs) as they could and kept them.

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.